Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, we kindly ask that the following policies be observed..
- Mon-Thurs: 9:00am-7:00pm
- Fri: 9:00- 5:00pm
- Sat-Sun: Closed
- 1. Draper
- 2. South Lehi
- 3. South Jordan
Enrollment Hours: (new students, student changes, and student drops)
If no one answers, please leave a message and they will get back to you within one business day.
- The Piano Place takes students all year round in a system of open enrollment. All of our instructors schedules are booked through the front desk.
- Students can also pre-register for future terms. Pre-registrations will be placed first come first serve.
- The majority of the students at The Piano Place attend a 30-minute private lesson once a week. Longer lessons will be made available upon request.
- Click here to enroll!
- The Piano Place billing cycle occurs every four weeks. (see our calendar for dates & details).
- Tuition is due 10 days after the receipt of your invoice and billed automatically to your credit card or bank account on-file (“auto-pay”). If paying with a credit card there is a 3% processing fee. Payments will not be accepted in any other form.
- A $15 sibling discount will be applied for families with three or more students enrolled.
- A $15 late fee will be charged for any payment received after the 10th day of each billing cycle.
- Upon registration The Piano Place requires its students to purchase our New Student Bundle, which includes an official Piano Place binder, book bag, and t-shirt for $12. This charge is added to the first month of tuition. The binder inserts should last one year.
- The Piano Place hosts two yearly recital opportunities in both (May and December). There is a recital fee of $15/family/recital.
- Many of the lesson books and materials needed can be purchased through our studio and delivered to your students' lesson.
- To withdraw from lessons at The Piano Place one must contact our enrollment team by phone at 801-893-2417 or by email at [email protected] and request a lesson withdraw form. The form needs to be filled out and turned in before the student will be formally removed from billing and scheduling.
- The Piano Place requires a minimum 30-day notice prior to the discontinuation of lessons. With sufficient notice tuition will be pro-rated accordingly.
- If the student wishes to drop lessons immediately and does not provide 30-day notice, a $50 cancellation fee will be applied.
- The Piano Place acknowledges special circumstances including injuries, seasonal sports or other extenuating circumstances and will allow enrollment to be transferred to a family member.
- The Piano Place will also allow students to transfer to another teacher or even change instruments within The Piano Place without penalty. In either instance, approval for such a transfer is required by our enrollment team using the contact info provided above.
- The Piano Place does not refund tuition.
- The Piano Place reserves the right to terminate enrollment in lessons, in which case prorated tuition may be refunded.
- Students are expected to arrive punctually with all necessary materials to their weekly scheduled lesson.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
- If a student is running late or is unable to make it to their scheduled lesson, please make the front desk aware by calling 801-893-2417 and they will be sure to let your instructor know.
Student Caused Absence: (Makeup Lesson Policy)
At The Piano Place, we know it is important to you, which is why it is VERY important to us that we provide a make-up option when you have to miss a lesson. Unlike many other studios who enforce a strict "NO make-up policy," we have experimented with several different approaches over the years trying to strike a perfect balance with being flexible and accommodating with our amazing students while also being mindful and respectful of our teachers and their time.
- In the event a student cannot make it to their weekly lesson, they should please call or email their studio’s front desk (see contact info above) at least 24 hours in advance.
- If sufficient notice is given, the front desk will then send an email with a link and an access code to sign up for the Make-up Master Class.
- Make-up Master Classes will be 45 minutes long and will be held on the last Saturday of every month at each studio location starting at 10am. The classes will be taught by approved Piano Place instructors.
- Students MUST report their absence through the front desk via email or phone call 24 hours in advance to be eligible.
- Students MUST attend the Make-up Master Class offered during the same month of their absence. Passes will not roll over month to month.
- The only exception to this will be during the three summer months of June, July and August. During these months, student's Make-up Master Class passes CAN roll over to provide more leniency and flexibility as we know summer can be especially busy. Please note this only applies to the months of June, July and August.
- This is the policy for "student caused absences" only. If ever one of our teachers causes the absence we will follow the "teacher caused absence" listed below.
- If the student cannot attend the Make-up Master Class, but doesn't want to forfeit the lesson entirely, the time slot is still yours and can be used in one of the following ways:
- Remote Lesson: Technology these days is amazing and we have found great success in doing lessons via FaceTime, Skype, Google Hangout, phone call etc during the student's regular lesson time. Even if you aren't near your instrument, this time can also be used to call into your teacher, ask them questions and have them move you forward on lesson assignments.
- Send Someone In Their Place: Because the time slot is yours and by enrolling you are essentially reserving a slot of time in your teachers schedule, you can use it how ever you'd like. This means if you have another child that has been wanting to try lessons or even if you yourself want to come see what its all about, you can! You can even use the time to come in and hold a parent teacher conference with your instructor. Whatever you decide, our teachers will be there and ready to teach.
- No refund or monetary credit will be provided for "student caused absences."
Teacher Caused Absence: (Substitute Policy)
- Our teachers place the utmost priority on attending their scheduled lessons. If for whatever reason they are unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher or a make-up lesson will be arranged. In the event of a substitute, teachers will strive to give parents and students as much advance notice as possible. Please note that NO lesson credit will be issued back to students if they choose to forgo the lesson with the appointed substitute. If a substitute can’t be arranged due to an emergency or short notice and teacher and student are unable to coordinate a make-up time that works for both parties, a lesson credit will be issued to the student's account.
- If your regular teacher becomes unavailable for any reason, The Piano Place will provide a new teacher with similar teaching style, or give you the opportunity to choose a new teacher.
- Time slots at The Piano Place remain the same throughout the year. If there is a conflict with your lesson time and a change is necessary, please get in contact with The Piano Place Enrollment Team.
- If a student intends to withdraw from lessons at the end of any given term, they still need to follow the official withdrawal policy stated above.
- The Piano Place will apply a $20 referral credit to any family that refers another family to take lessons. Please email [email protected] with your name and the referred families name to redeem this credit.
- Client assumes all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at The Piano Place and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge The Piano Place and its owners from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in The Piano Place’s musical activities, recitals, or lessons.
- The Piano Place is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
- Unless requested in writing, The Piano Place is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, newsletters, social media and other promotional materials The Piano Place creates. Permission is also hereby granted for The Piano Place Studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
At The Piano Place we are committed to providing the most enjoyable learning experience possible for every student that walks through our doors. We know learning an instrument can be difficult- we’ve been there! We hope even when it gets hard that our students will look forward to coming to the studio, seeing their teachers and being among friends. We love our students and want to make the process of learning an instrument as fun and fulfilling as possible! Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to your studio manager at the contact information provided above.
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Policies & terms are subject to change.