(Updated January, 2019)
Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, we kindly ask that the following policies be observed..
- PHONE: 801-893-2417
- EXTENSIONS: 1. Enrollment, 2. Billing, 3. Draper Front Desk, 4. Lehi Front Desk
- HOURS: Mon-Thurs 10am - 7pm and Fri 10am-5pm
Phone lines closed Sat and Sun. If we don’t answer, please leave a message and we will get right back to you.
- The Piano Place takes students all year round in a system of open enrollment. All of our instructors schedules are booked through the front desk.
- Students can also pre-register for future terms. Pre-registrations will be placed first come first serve.
- The majority of the students at The Piano Place attend a 30-minute private lesson once a week. Longer lessons will be made available upon request.
- Click here to enroll!
- The Piano Place billing cycle occurs every four weeks. (see our calendar for dates & details).
- Tuition is due 10 days after the receipt of your invoice and billed automatically to your credit card or bank account on-file (“auto-pay”). If paying with a credit card there is a 3% processing fee. Payments will not be accepted in any other form.
- A $15 sibling discount will be applied for families with three or more students enrolled.
- A $15 late fee will be charged for any payment received after the 10th day of each billing cycle.
- Upon registration The Piano Place requires its students to purchase an official Piano Place Notebook for $10. This charge is added to the first month of tuition. The notebook will last at least one year.
- The Piano Place hosts two yearly recital opportunities in both (May and December). There is a recital fee of $12/family/recital.
- Educational material, music books, instrument rentals and other accessories are not included in the tuition.
- To withdraw from lessons at The Piano Place one must contact our enrollment team by phone at 801-893-2417 or by email at [email protected] and request a lesson withdraw form. The form needs to be filled out and turned in before the student will be formally removed from billing and scheduling.
- The Piano Place requires a minimum 30-day notice prior to the discontinuation of lessons. With sufficient notice tuition will be pro-rated accordingly.
- If the student wishes to drop lessons immediately and does not provide 30-day notice, a $50 cancellation fee will be applied.
- The Piano Place acknowledges special circumstances including injuries, seasonal sports or other extenuating circumstances and will allow enrollment to be transferred to a family member.
- The Piano Place will also allow students to transfer to another teacher or even change instruments within The Piano Place without penalty. In either instance, approval for such a transfer is required by our enrollment team using the contact info provided above.
- The Piano Place does not refund tuition.
- The Piano Place reserves the right to terminate enrollment in lessons, in which case prorated tuition may be refunded.
- Students are expected to arrive punctually with all necessary materials to their weekly scheduled lesson.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
- If a student is running late or is unable to make it to their scheduled lesson, please make the front desk aware by calling 801-893-2417 and they will be sure to let your instructor know.
Student Caused Absence: (Makeup Lesson Policy)
- The Piano Place prides itself in having a very accommodating makeup lesson policy because we know life happens!
- In the event a student cannot make it to their weekly lesson, please call your studio’s front desk (801-893-2417 - Ext. 3 for Draper or Ext. 4 for Lehi) with as much notice as possible to let them know when you won’t be there.
- The front desk can then try to reschedule the lesson in any openings that might be available on the teachers calendar due to other cancellations. If they cannot immediately find a time that will work to reschedule, they will issue the student a “Make-up Lesson Pass.” It will be the parents/ students responsibility to check in regularly with the front desk for openings on their instructors schedule.
- In the event a student and teachers calendars don’t align over the course of an entire term, that student will then be eligible to attend a Super Makeup Saturday (see calendar for dates). This will assure everyone is eligible for at least one make-up over the course of a term, but also means they could possibly receive multiple make-up lessons if their teacher’s schedule permits.
- Make-up Lesson Passes cannot be cumulated and can only be used in the term they were received. Make-up Lesson Pass per student will be issued one at a time.
- Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson Pass. No exceptions. (This includes being sick the day of a scheduled lesson).
- Lesson cancellations not recorded through the front desk will not be eligible for a Make-up Lesson Pass. Voicemails left within 24 hours will be considered sufficient notice.
- Once a make-up lesson is scheduled, the Make-up Lessons Pass is considered invalid and cannot be rescheduled or reissued due to a no show or other conflict. Make-up lessons are non transferable.
- No tuition credit or refund will be provided for student caused absences.
Teacher Caused Absence: (Substitute Policy)
- Our teachers place the utmost priority on attending their scheduled lessons. If for whatever reason they are unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher or a make-up lesson will be arranged. If a substitute can’t be arranged due to short notice and you are unable to coordinate a make-up time with your teacher, a lesson credit will be issued to your account.
- If your regular teacher becomes unavailable for any reason, The Piano Place will provide a new teacher with similar teaching style, or give you the opportunity to choose a new teacher.
- The Piano Place uses the word term to break down the calendar year.
- Our terms break down as follows: Spring (January- June) / Summer (June - August) / Fall (August - December).
- Time slots automatically roll over from term to term so there is no need to re-sign up between terms. If there is a conflict with your lesson time and a change is necessary, please get in contact with Piano Place enrollment.
- If a student intends to withdraw from lessons at the end of any given term, they still need to follow the official withdrawal policy stated above.
- Click here for the 2019 Piano Place Official Calendar
- The Piano Place will apply a $20 referral credit to any family that refers another family to take lessons. Please email [email protected] with your name and the referred families name to redeem this credit.
- Client assumes all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at The Piano Place and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge The Piano Place and its owners from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in The Piano Place’s musical activities, recitals, or lessons.
- The Piano Place is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
- Unless requested in writing, The Piano Place is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, newsletters, social media and other promotional materials The Piano Place creates. Permission is also hereby granted for The Piano Place Studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
At The Piano Place we are committed to providing the most enjoyable learning experience possible for every student that walks through our doors. We know learning an instrument can be difficult- we’ve been there! We hope even when it gets hard that our students will look forward to coming to the studio, seeing their teachers and being among friends. We love our students and want to make the process of learning an instrument as fun and fulfilling as possible! Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to your studio manager at the contact information provided above.
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Policies & terms are subject to change.