Our teachers reserve time on their schedules, plan lessons, and invest in the long-term development of each student. To provide regular, quality lessons, we kindly ask that the following policies be observed..
- Mon-Thurs: 9:00am-7:00pm
- Fri: 9:00- 5:00pm
- Sat-Sun: Closed
- 1. Draper
- 2. South Lehi
- 3. South Jordan
- 4. Salt Lake
- 5. Farmington
- 6. Morgan
Enrollment Hours: (new students, student changes, and student drops)
If no one answers, please leave a message and they will get back to you within one business day.
- The Piano Place takes students all year round in a system of open enrollment. All of our instructors schedules are booked through the front desk.
- Students can also pre-register for future terms. Pre-registrations will be placed first come first serve.
- The majority of the students at The Piano Place attend a 30-minute private lesson once a week. Longer lessons will be made available upon request.
- Click here to enroll!
- Tuition for four weeks ranges from $90-120 based on which teacher they choose. The pricing is based on the teacher’s personal musical training, their experience as a teacher, and the length of time they have been with our studio.
- A $15 sibling discount will be applied for families with three or more students enrolled.
Annual Studio Fee:
- Upon enrolling, students are charged a studio fee of $35/student or $70/family. This fee will be automatically processed annually on their first lesson date. This fee includes a new assignment bag (binder and book bag), a new t-shirt annually, free entrance for their student and any guests into all Piano Place recitals throughout the year, and other fun events and promotions we offer throughout the year.
- We use a Monthly Variable billing plan. This means that clients are charged on the 1st of the month for the lessons during that month. If a student has a lesson on a day that has four weeks, they will be charged for four lessons that month. If they have lessons on a day that has five lessons in a month, they will be charged for five lessons that month. Any closed studio holidays will be adjusted for. No invoices will be sent out, however, receipts will be sent after any payment processes.
- If a client notifies us of withdrawal before the 25th of the month, no further payment will be withdrawn. In order to give us a 30-day notice, if a client notifies us of withdrawal between the dates of the 26th-31st of the month, they will be charged for the upcoming month and then no further. No refunds will be given for stopping lessons in the middle of the month.
- The Piano Place acknowledges special circumstances including injuries, seasonal sports or other extenuating circumstances and will allow enrollment to be transferred to a family member.
- The Piano Place will also allow students to transfer to another teacher or even change instruments within The Piano Place without penalty. In either instance, approval for such a transfer is required by our enrollment team using the contact info provided above.
- The Piano Place does not refund tuition.
- The Piano Place reserves the right to terminate enrollment in lessons, in which case prorated tuition may be refunded.
- Students are expected to arrive punctually with all necessary materials to their weekly scheduled lesson.
- Students who are more than 15 minutes late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their lesson time.
- If a student is running late or is unable to make it to their scheduled lesson, please make the front desk aware by calling 801-893-2417 and they will be sure to let your instructor know.
Student Caused Absence: (Makeup Lesson Policy)
- If a student cancels their lesson at least 12 hours in advance they are allowed to “bank” the lesson. The client may cancel that lesson by calling the front desk or logging into their personal TeacherZone account. At that point, the client may then hold onto that lesson in their bank for up to 30 days or reschedule it to any available spots in their own teacher’s schedule that another student has canceled from. These “banked” lessons expire after 30 days. The Piano Place does not refund or credit for unused banked lessons.
- We will also be holding a Makeup Masterclass on the last Saturday of the month for students to use for makeups if they prefer or are unable to find a place in their teacher’s schedule for their “banked” lesson before it expires. The Makeup Masterclass is a 45-minute group lesson where students will come together with a teacher and learn on a subject that is applicable to all students and then have the opportunity to perform something they have been working on for the group. The performance does not need to be recital-ready. This is an excellent chance for students to interact with other students as well as gain a sense of normality and confidence in sharing their music with others. Students can sign up for the Makeup Masterclass through the front desk or their studio location’s director.
Teacher Caused Absence: (Substitute Policy)
- Our teachers place the utmost priority on attending their scheduled lessons. If for whatever reason they are unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher or a make-up lesson will be arranged. In the event of a substitute, teachers will strive to give parents and students as much advance notice as possible. Please note that NO lesson credit will be issued back to students if they choose to forgo the lesson with the appointed substitute. If a substitute can’t be arranged due to an emergency or short notice and teacher and student are unable to coordinate a make-up time that works for both parties, a lesson credit will be issued to the student's account.
- If your regular teacher becomes unavailable for any reason, The Piano Place will provide a new teacher with similar teaching style, or give you the opportunity to choose a new teacher.
- Time slots at The Piano Place remain the same throughout the year. If there is a conflict with your lesson time and a change is necessary, please get in contact with The Piano Place Enrollment Team.
- If a student intends to withdraw from lessons at the end of any given term, they still need to follow the official withdrawal policy stated above.
- The Piano Place will apply a $20 referral credit to any family that refers another family to take lessons. Please email your studio's billing department (emails listed above) with your name and the referred families name to redeem this credit.
- Client assumes all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at The Piano Place and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge The Piano Place and its owners from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in The Piano Place’s musical activities, recitals, or lessons.
- The Piano Place is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
- Unless requested in writing, The Piano Place is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, newsletters, social media and other promotional materials The Piano Place creates. Permission is also hereby granted for The Piano Place Studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
At The Piano Place we are committed to providing the most enjoyable learning experience possible for every student that walks through our doors. We know learning an instrument can be difficult- we’ve been there! We hope even when it gets hard that our students will look forward to coming to the studio, seeing their teachers and being among friends. We love our students and want to make the process of learning an instrument as fun and fulfilling as possible! Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to your studio manager at the contact information provided above.
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Policies & terms are subject to change.