- Tuition at The Piano Place is a flat subscription-based fee charged on the first day of each month. Your subscription holds your time slot in the schedule with your teacher throughout the year. The Piano Place is a year-round music school meaning that your subscription continues unless withdrawal is requested. We accept enrollment at all times of the year. The Piano Place is closed on the majority of national holidays and school breaks. The price of these breaks is already included in your flat subscription rate.
- Upon enrollment the subscription for the first month will be prorated for new students based on the amount of lessons remaining in that month.
- All students will be on AutoPay and will need to keep a payment method on file.
- Students are charged a studio fee of $35/student or $70/family. This fee will be automatically processed annually on the enrollment anniversary. This fee includes free entrance for the student and any guests into all Piano Place recitals throughout the year and participation in any studio activities and prizes.
- A Multiple Student Discount of $7/month will be applied for each subscription for families that have three or more subscriptions on their account.
- Educational material, music books, instrument rental and other accessories are additional costs expected to be paid by the client.
- A late fee of $20 will be applied to any outstanding invoices that are 15 days overdue.
- If your regular teacher becomes unavailable on a permanent basis for any reason, The Piano Place will provide a new teacher at the same time or work with you to find a new teacher/time slot.
- At The Piano Place we strive to make things as flexible as possible for our students and their families. In order to withdraw from lessons please call our office to request a Withdrawal Form. Once the Withdrawal Form is filled out we will end your subscription at the end of the current month. You will not be charged for the upcoming month regardless of what date you complete the Withdrawal Form. Once your subscription is withdrawn on the first no refunds will be given for the current month. The student can choose to attend or forgo those lessons.
- The Piano Place acknowledges special circumstances including injuries and other extenuating situations and will work with the client to find the best solution.
- The Piano Place will also allow students to transfer to another teacher or even change instruments within The Piano Place without penalty. In either instance, approval for such a transfer is required by our Customer Care team.
- The Piano Place does not refund monthly subscription payments.
- The Piano Place reserves the right to terminate enrollment in lessons, in which case you will be refunded the remainder of the subscription for that month.
- Students are expected to arrive punctually with all necessary materials to their weekly scheduled lesson.
- Students who arrive at their lesson time late will not be guaranteed the full length of their normal lesson.
- If a student is running late or is unable to make it to their scheduled lesson, please make the front desk aware by calling 801-893-2417 and they will be sure to let your instructor know.
Missed Lesson - Client Caused
- If a student cancels their lessons (online, at the front desk, or by calling in) at least 24 hours in advance they will be provided a Make-Up Lesson Credit on their account. This Make-Up Lesson will expire 30 days from the day it is activated. The Piano Place does not refund for unused/expired Make-Up Credits.
- Make-up Lessons can be scheduled with any teacher or at any Piano Place location, although we recommend scheduling with your own teacher for the best experience and progression for the student.
- No refunds or monetary credits will be provided for client caused absences.
- Cancellations made with less than 24-hour notice will not qualify for a Make-up Lesson.
- Upon Withdrawal any Make-up Lesson Credits will expire 30 days after membership ends.
- A Make-Up Lesson that is canceled will not qualify for an additional Make-Up Lesson Credit.
- No more than two Make-up Lesson Credits can be pending at a time per membership.
Missed Lesson - Teacher Caused
- Our teachers place the utmost priority on attending their scheduled lessons. If for whatever reason they are unable to teach a lesson, a substitute teacher will be arranged or a Make-up Lesson Credit will be applied to your account. A Teacher Caused Make-Up Lesson Credit will not have an expiration date and can be used at your convenience.. In the event of a substitute, teachers will strive to give parents and students as much advance notice as possible. If you would prefer a Make-Up Lesson Credit to be applied to your account rather than taking the lesson with the substitute you may call the studio to request this.
- The Piano Place will apply a $25 referral credit to any family that refers another family to take lessons. Please email [email protected] with your name and the referred families name to redeem this credit.
- Client assumes all risk of injury of harm to the child(ren) or adult(s) associated with participation in musical activities at The Piano Place and agree to release, indemnify, defend and forever discharge The Piano Place and its owners from all liability, claims, demands, damages, costs, and expenses in the unlikely event of injury sustained by your child(ren) or adult student during the course or as a result of their participation in The Piano Place’s musical activities, recitals, or lessons.
- The Piano Place is not responsible for providing before or after class care for students.
- Unless requested in writing, The Piano Place is granted permission to take photographs/videos of the students to use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, newsletters, social media and other promotional materials The Piano Place creates. Permission is also hereby granted for The Piano Place Studio to copyright such photographs in its name.
At The Piano Place we are committed to providing the most enjoyable learning experience possible for every student that walks through our doors. We know learning an instrument can be difficult- we’ve been there! We hope even when it gets hard that our students will look forward to coming to the studio, seeing their teachers and being among friends. We love our students and want to make the process of learning an instrument as fun and fulfilling as possible! Thank you for your support!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to your studio manager at the contact information provided above.
Policy effective upon enrollment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Policies & terms are subject to change.